#AtoZChallenge P is for Portugal

A to Z Challenge 2020

Things to be Grateful for









is for Portugal




This week I should have taken a ferry to Spain and then driven to Portugal for a six week stay. Sadly like so many people my circumstances have changed.  Although I first visited Lisbon in 1969 it was in 2013 that I fell in love with Portugal and bought a holiday home there.

I miss the history of places like Evora



The many ports and marinas on its long coast.


The architecture of its churches and the white houses with their ornate chimneys.

And then there's the stunning rocky beaches




And the chance to sit outside in the sunshine to eat and drink.


The Rio Formosa looks so inviting


At Sagres we are reminded of the Portuguese explorers


And so often there are impressive sunsets.


Yes I am grateful that Portugal will still be there for me.


4 comments:

  1. Lovely place, I went to Portugal but mainly visiting coasts. Beautiful photos, and so here is your banner ;)
    P is for Pojagi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for taking me on this virtual trip! Such a gorgeous place. I have never been to Portugal, but it's definitely on my travel bucket list.

    My P is a potpourri of topics: pocket knives, parking, provisions, and Zurich’s infamous Platzspitz.

    https://thethreegerbers.blogspot.com/2020/04/a-z-2020-switzerland-potpourri.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this trip to Portugal. We had a wonderful three-day visit to Lisbon a few years ago. Must see if I can find our photos...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve had two one day stopovers in Lisbon while on cruises but I really to go for a longer visit one day.

      Delete