#AtoZChallenge M is for Maps

A to Z Challenge 2020

Things to be Grateful for








is for Maps




I love maps. I like to relate where I am to other places. I like to see the shape of an island, the curve of a coastline and the height of a mountain.  I also love historical maps which show how places have changed. Here are some maps I have saved.

First two maps from https://maps.nls.uk/ of places where my ancestors lived
The Gareloch on the west coast of Scotland
The North East coast of Scotland
Now another part of England where I had ancestors
1897 The Vicinity of London from The Century Atlas

http://www.londonancestor.com/maps/maps.htm







Next two tourist maps.The map of Saint Lucia in the Caribbean was one I used with my pupils when we were studying the island for Geography.


The map of Singapore reminds me how much it has changed in the 50 plus years I have known it.

What would your favourite map show?

2 comments:

  1. I love maps, too. I save maps from all the places I travel, whenever possible, and I also love the antique ones. Plus I love that I can look at a map of any place on earth with a touch of the computer keyboard. I like to be able to get my bearings when I'm trying to understand a place.
    Black and White (Words and Pictures)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. We have the London Tube map as a poster on our dining-room wall. I love exploring maps of London through the ages.

    ReplyDelete