Photos of my travels

Over the last year I haven't had as much time to write about social history so I have enjoyed posting photographs from my travels instead. Here is a reminder of the places I have featured.

I returned to France with pictures of the historic port of La Rochelle on the Atlantic coast.


Travelling north to Brittany I visited Carnac


On the same southern Brittany coast is the medieval city of Vannes


Vannes is in the Gulf of Morbihan and at the end of June I enjoyed participating in La Semaine du Golfe


As usual I visited the Algarve, flying in to Faro


before a drive up into the hills to visit Caldas de Monchique


There was a shopping trip to Loule market




But I also reminisced about places I love in the far east.  First the colourful world of Hong Kong


and then the beautiful flowers in Singapore



I hope you will enjoy these pictures too.

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos, Lizanne. Thank you! I'm fond of many of the same places. Actually, we're off to Faro in January for ten days. I love the eastern stretches of the Algarve coast, as it has a wildness I like and isn't quite as touristy as the areas to the west. I also love Brittany, but I haven't been to Vannes. I shall look it up. The far east is completely unknown to me so I love seeing photos of it. So colourful and vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Val. There are so many wonderful places to see around the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your beautiful photos have filled my day under a grey Hampshire sky with light colour and thoughts of far- away places to visit...Thank you Liz!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am certainly looking forward to the warmer months.

    ReplyDelete