My Top Ten Posts in 2016

In  2016 I widened the scope of my posts from the past.  These were the most popular.

There were still some tragic tales of murder and execution.

One of the many sad events of the 19th century involving poison was the poisoning of baby Charlotte





There were two stories about imprisonment and hanging. One about the Swing riots and the other an 18th century execution for forgery.

Some posts were about other countries reflecting my interest in Portuguese history and also reproducing sections from my mother's diaries from wartime Europe and the Far East.

I discovered more about Philippa of Portugal, mother of Henry the Navigator and daughter of John of Gaunt.











In contrast, my mother's diaries describe her experiences in wartime France and Belgium and living in the Far East in the 1960s


I shared some of my postcard collection of humorous cards in a post on Louis Wain




and photos of Edwardian actresses in a post on Lily Elsie









and showed you some of the fascinating old photographs collected by Lynn Heiden.


No comments:

Post a Comment