#AtoZChallenge F is for Family History

A to Z Challenge 2020

Things to be Grateful for









is for Family History



At the present time we can’t help thinking about our family, those who live with us and those living elsewhere, but many of us are also thinking about our family tree.  More time at home gives the opportunity for researching our genealogy but many of us also think about the distant cousins we have already discovered many miles away.

Since I first started to research my Family History in 1998, I have connected with many “new” cousins, some I have met, others I correspond with online.

Here are some of my ancestors:


My Great Gran born in Inverness-shire


My Grandma married in Canada


My Great Uncle Vernon who died in Egypt in 1916


My great Grandfather retired to Bournemouth where he married his 3rd wife


My great great grandfather was a career soldier who lived in Yorkshire, Winchester, Devonport, Gibraltar, Nova Scotia and Barbados


My Great Uncle in the Lifeguards


My Great Grandmother in Norfolk with some of her children

Researching online has never been easier and some websites or local online Libraries are making their data free. I really recommend starting this fascinating hobby.

Here is a family gathering of cousins from 2 continents




6 comments:

  1. Great to have these old family photos! Your Great Uncle in the Lifeguards looks good!

    F is for Free motion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When he left the Lifeguards he became a policeman then a musician on an ocean liner then he just disappeared.

      Delete
  2. Wow, that's quite a collection!
    I also started looking into family history, because some Hungarian digital archives are free for the public this week, but sadly in Hungary not much is digitized yet.

    The Multicolored Diary

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful selection of photographs. Thank you for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a marvellous collection of photographs & what fine looking faces your ancestors have. Researching family history is fascinating isn't it. A few years ago, we discovered by accident, that one of my husband's best friends and I share great,great grandparents - a complete coincidence and soextraordinary that we discovered it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have made good friends with very distant cousins I have met because of our genealogy research.

      Delete