Using Paper Patterns #MondayBlogs #Fashions #Nostalgia

My mother made nearly all my clothes when I was a child and she often chose a style which could be used for similar dresses for the two of us.


I don’t have the patterns my mother used during the 1950s but this pattern she bought in 1968 was perfect for the psychedelic fabric she bought in Arab Street in Singapore to make me some fashionable culottes.


I loved the bolero top I made with this pattern to match my flares.  I used chocolate brown Thai cotton with a pattern including pink. It sounds awful but it worked.



Returning to a cold English winter in the early 1970s a maxi coat was a must-have.


In 1975 everyone wanted a flared skirt with a frill and this pattern adapted to winter weight cord or soft cotton for the summer.


Woman and Woman’s Realm magazines offered patterns to purchase which my mother loved.



In the early 90s I faced the challenge of making two bridesmaids' dressers for my children but this helpful pattern made it possible.


And we were all pleased with the result.


No comments:

Post a Comment